- Don’t smoke (2).
- Get vaccinated (4).
- Avoid trans fats (7).
- Replace saturated fats with unsaturated if you can (15).
- Cook from whole ingredients — and minimize restaurant meals (23).
- Minimize ultraprocessed foods (26).
- Cultivate relationships (28).
- Nurture sleep (30).
- Drink alcohol at most moderately (35).
- Exercise as often as you can enjoy (42).
- Drink only the calories you love (48).
You don’t cure depression, the same way you don’t cure asthma; you manage it. I’m the inhaler he’s decided to go with and I should be pleased he’s gone this long without an attack.
– Adam Kay, This is Going to Hurt: Secret Diaries of a Junior Doctor
a person who compulsively searches the Internet for information on real or imagined symptoms of illness