To awaken each morning is to be born again,
To fall asleep at night is to die to the day.
In between waking and sleeping are the golden hours of the day.
What we think we cannot do for a lifetime,we can do for a day.
Anyone can strive to be happy for a day
and to spread happiness around.
Anyone can rise above fear for a day
and meet each situation with courage.
Anyone can hold his temper for a day
and guard the words he speaks.
Anyone can remain honest for a day
and carry his burden heroically.
Anyone can count his blessings for a day
deciding not to look at half-empty but at half-filled glass.
Anyone can eschew hate and cruelty for a day
deciding to live and let live.
Live a day at a time and remember
that tomorrow is another today!
– From ‘Be Your Own Doctor Using Reiki’ by Dr. Dhiren Gala
The Five Buddhist Principles
- Just for today I will not worry.
- Just for today I will not get angry.
- Just for today I will be honest.
- Just for today I will count my blessings.
- Just for today I will give love and show respect to every living being.
Just for Today | The Path of Forgiveness
Thank you, Sunshine for sharing it.