Wow- it’s been nearly a year since I moved to the UK from Canada! It has had its fair share of ups and downs but I feel comfortable here and I’ve even got a grasp on the slang. Let me share a few with you.
* slag: slut
* chav: guy who wears sporty clothes and is a bit rough around the edges
* pikey: ‘trailer trash’
* bugger: jerk
* git: someone with sub-par behaviour
* cheeky git: lippy / rude person with sub-par behaviour
* tosser: implies that the person masturbates excessively
* wanker: implies that the person masturbates excessively
* twit: someone who’s really dumb
* nutter: someone who’s a few crayons short of a full box
* ponce: someone who thinks they are overly smart / stylish (and aren’t)
* todger: if you call someone this, you’re literally calling them a penis
There are many others, I’m sure, but this should get you started!