O’Brien could have done with the services of his namesakes after his huge strike – one of eight sixes he blasted during a Twenty20 match in Dublin – sailed out of Pembroke Cricket Club’s ground and into the adjacent car park, where he had had the misfortune to leave his vehicle.
Surge capacity is a collection of adaptive systems — mental and physical — that humans draw on for short-term survival in acutely stressful situations, such as natural disasters.
Our new normal is always feeling a little off balance, like trying to stand in a dinghy on rough seas, and not knowing when the storm will pass.
Rather than being at the mercy of what’s going on, we can use the elements of our natural reward system and construct things to do that are good no matter what.
- Text can’t be made look good on low-resolution displays.
- High-PPI displays are now a commodity, it’s time to switch.
- Notebooks are ok, but a standalone monitor is always better.
- 4k monitor only makes sense with 2× / 200% scaling.
- If you want to go further, there are now affordable 4k @ 120 Hz options.