To this day, Jack Dorsey doesn’t realize the size of the bomb he’s sitting on. Or if he does, he believes it’s metaphorical. It’s not. He is utterly unprepared for the burden he’s found himself responsible for.
What happens when the thing that might save you is also the thing that might destroy the world? What do you do? Where does your responsibility lie?
Twitter set out to change the world. It did.
Source: One person’s history of Twitter, from beginning to end
USB-C normally transfers data by the USB protocol, but it also supports Thunderbolt… sometimes.
Much of USB-C’s awesome capability comes from Thunderbolt and other Alternate Modes.
Before today’s USB-C can become ubiquitous and homogeneous, the next protocol or port will come out. We’ll have new, faster USB 4.0 and Thunderbolt 4 standards over the same-looking USB-C ports. We’ll want to move to an even thinner USB-D port. The press will call it “the future” and Apple will celebrate its new laptops that only have a USB-D port — two, if we’re lucky.
The impossible dream of USB-C – Marco.org
- Be present above all else.
- Desire is suffering (Buddha).
- Anger is a hot coal that you hold in your hand while waiting to throw it at someone else (Buddhist saying).
- If you can’t see yourself working with someone for life, don’t work with them for a day.
- Reading (learning) is the ultimate meta-skill and can be traded for anything else.
- All the real benefits in life come from compound interest.
- Earn with your mind, not your time. 99% of all effort is wasted.
- Total honesty at all times. It’s almost always possible to be honest and positive.
- Praise specifically, criticize generally (Warren Buffett).
- Truth is that which has predictive power.
- Watch every thought. (Always ask, “Why am I having this thought?”)
- All greatness comes from suffering.
- Love is given, not received.
- Enlightenment is the space between your thoughts (Eckhart Tolle).
- Mathematics is the language of nature.
- Every moment has to be complete in and of itself.
Tools of Titans – Tim Ferriss – Taylor Theis/
Munda labhna main Shiv di kitaab warga
Kudiyan de seene vich than wajda
Ve munda UP de najaiz hathyaar warga
ਮੁੰਡਾ ਲੱਭਣਾ ਮੈਂ ਸ਼ਿਵ ਦੀ ਕਿਤਾਬ ਵਰਗਾ
ਕੁੜੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਸੀਨੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਠਾਂ ਵੱਜਦਾ
ਵੇ ਮੁੰਡਾ ਦੇ ਨਜਯਾਜ ਹੱਥਿਆਰ ਵਰਗਾ
References: Shiv Kumar Batalvi, Illegal Weapons in UP
Just an update on the rude wake-up call many of you got at around 1.30am! Here’s what we now know:
– The message was sent in error by our European-based service provider (hence the very inconvenient hour!)
– Three messages were sent; two nationwide, one to people in and around Auckland
– It’s only affected Vodafone customers, but the error was NOT Vodafone’s. The Ministry accepts full responsibility and are seeking assurances to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
– Don’t worry if you’re a Vodafone customer and you didn’t get the alert – not all phones are Cell Broadcast enabled.
– Emergency Mobile Alerts will be rolled out later this year to provide text alerts. For more information on Emergency Mobile Alerts, and about which handsets are Cell Broadcast enabled, check out our website.
– Again, we are very sorry for waking you!