* People who run sports bodies in India are boring sarkari-types.
* Zafar Iqbal was the captain of the Indian hockey team that lost 1-7 to Pakistan in the finals of the 1982 Asian Games in New Delhi.
* Yuvraj Singh was dating Kim Sharma and was the vice-captain of the Indian cricket team.
* The walls of Mohammed Kaif’s house were blackened with graffiti by vandals after India lost a cricket match.
* Women married into many middle-class families are expected to be nothing beyond good housewives.
* Many people from North-East of India do not associate themselves with India.
* Women from the North-East are subject to lewd remarks in many places in India.
* Rustic Haryanvi lines in Hindi films (remember the wrestler-goon in Khosla Ka Ghosla) and television (remember Udham Singh on Channel [V] ) are funny.
* A regular Indian team is composed of players chosen from different states.